Monday, February 06, 2006

Steelers Mania...

You know I have never been a big sports maniac. I never really cared to sit and watch football or baseball on t.v. I never really saw the point of it. That is until I met Kenneth. Kenneth loves sports, and watches games, and has his favorite teams in every sport, even follows a college teams stats. He has the teams he loves, and he's always loved, never altering in his belief that they could eventually make it to whatever playoff that sport has. His dream came true when the Diamondbacks won the World Series back in 2001. I became interested that year. I got into it. I began to understand the game, and rooted on Johnson and Schilling. I watched Gonzo hit homers, I got interested and started to enjoy the game, I started to feel to blame when they lost, and started to be exhilarated when they won. And I along with a million other fans(did I say fans) cheered them on when they won the seventh game. But you could never convert me to football. It's not possible, but maybe it is. Something about the way Kenneth talks about the players, makes them personable, makes them deserving of a title. Something about the way Ward smiles even if he's just been tackled. Something about Big Ben being so young, and so good. Something about Bettis trying one more time for the coveted ring. Something about the way Cower spits when he yells. It all started to rub off on me. I watched the playoffs for Kenneth who couldn't watch the games. My heart palpitated when Bettis fumbled the ball in the game against the Colts. I was angered when bad calls were made. I jumped for joy when I knew the next stop was the Superbowl. I enjoy football, scary and sad. The way my Husband cheered on his team, the team he's followed since he was a little boy, the team through good and bad he has loved to watch, scream at, and cheer on, has finally got the best of me, I am a football fan. Now what.....Go SUNS!!!

2 comments:

Briep said...

Scott loves sports also. Last year he got me into the suns games. His teams are D-Backs and the Suns of course. He is not as much into the Football. Basketball is his favorite!

lvh said...

I totally understand - when I was growing up, we absolutely never watched any sports on TV. Then I married John and a week later, we went to his parents for Thanksgiving. We watched football all day long and then that evening we were driving from Oracle back to Thatcher and would you believe, we stopped in Globe at his uncle's house and had to stay long enough to watch a football game. He's outgrown most of that now though - would rather be doing something than watching sports. I love the superbowl though - it's all about the food and commercials for that one. Love ya