Tuesday, September 23, 2008

How coffee saved my life... or at least my sanity.

I really and truly think that this little coffee job has been a blessing from above as of late. I have nearly felt myself on the brink of an anxiety breakdown... but when I walk into that little shop, its all about the coffee. I have to think so hard to make things, to get it right... to please my customers that I forget about the things that worry me at home. I truly feel like the weight is lifted when I'm aiming to please some one else through the magical making of the caffeine high... unless of course its decaf. It is ironic that I myself don't partake in this magic... but I instead partake of a much better magic... the magic of work, and how it can distract you and can give you a break from other things.
Kenneth is flying to AZ tomorrow for an on site interview... I'm not really sure what will happen if he gets the job, I just know that its not comfortable... whatever it is, its not comfortable. Its not the Mayberry life I have come accustom to. I know that wherever we go or whatever we do, it will be okay.... but its all kind of sad, the closing of a chapter in our story, and somehow I wasn't quite ready for this chapter to be over. But whatever the outcome... I hope to look at it as the next adventure....

4 comments:

abeNanna said...

Sounds like you are in for another adventure. Whatever happens it should be great.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you...even though we don't have our daily chats anymore...
I'm hoping to pick that up again soon.

~C

Anonymous said...

What are you talking about. You must have forgotten that you were supposed to move to Michigan. If you do not move to Michigan, I will be forced to poke holes in your moving truck tires. In any case, best of luck with the interview. Let us know how things progress or if you need anything.

~Nautical Dance Technique

Amie said...

...dare I hope?!?!?