Thursday, December 29, 2005

There goes Christmas...


I came to the realization this morning that Christmas is over and its time to move on with my life. It was a great Christmas. Aren't they all? Santa found our house, Presents were opened, Scriptures were read, Food food and more food was ate, family visited, fun was had. It was everything I could of wanted Christmas to be. Now for the down time. It always happens this time of year. I get a little sentimental, a little sad, that all the hoopla is over, that the day I looked forward to for months, went by in a whir, it spun out of control and it was gone, only to be survived by a load of garbage to haul to the dump, and a sad dry tree to throw out the door. But it was worth it, every surprised expression on my children's faces, every quick Christmas kiss from my husband, trying leaners yummy stuffed french toast for the first time, seeing family and loving every minute of it.

1 comment:

leaner said...

Glad you had a great day! Ours was fun, too. It is sad that its over and now what to look forward to? (The house finally being cleaned up from the mess?)
Happy New Year!