Friday, January 06, 2006

Goal Setting

Yesterday I had a great talk with a friend of mine about goal setting. When my kids asked if I had made any resolutions for the new year, I said no what's the point. But what my friend and I discussed changed my perspective a little. You should have goals, lifetime one, ten year ones, yearly ones, weekly ones. But the most important goals are the ones we set daily. If today my goal is to do yoga and drink water instead of pop, then I am setting myself up for a yearly goal of being more healthy. If today my goal is to organize my closet, I am setting myself for a monthly goal of getting organized. So much easier, its the baby steps that get us to our ultimate goals. What can I do today to change the rest of my life???

2 comments:

leaner said...

sucha great idea. my goal for today is to get the house back to its pre-christmas state. we have been in a state of dissarray for a few weeks and it is taking its toll on me. I can't stand to live in the clutter that we have and I really want to get rid of things. so today is as good a day as any to get started!

lvh said...

I came back from Arizona and after going through some of Lois' stuff to determine what it is I really wanted (mainly stuff we had given her over the years that I thought maybe Valerie or Jill would like), I decided it is time to totally declutter - we moved into this huge house and instantly started buying stuff I don't need or use. So Goodwill, here we come.