Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Cold Cold and Cold

Saturday it started out a lovely -16 degrees, as I drove from home. Now that's cold. I have no desire to be outside in the cold, let alone drive a car full of teenagers to the city on ice slicked roads. But that's just what I did. It was okay. But after all was said and done, I didn't feel comfortable staying in town until dark, grocery shopping. So I came home with half the months grocery list. That's the first cold. The second one is the head cold that I've been battling for about a week. I thought it was mostly cleared up, but now it has settled into my sinus's where I'm sure it will turn to infection, if I can't get it cleared soon. What's the remedy for clearing clogged nasal ways. Yuck Cold! Last but not least the 3rd cold, is the feeling in my spirit I always get this time of year. I guess another word for it is winter blues. Blues are always cold. I'm like a hermit couped up in the house most days, and the one chance I get to venture out, it's -16. Honestly time for a trip to Honolulu or I will make an exception and go to the tanning booth. I need some heat, even artificial to warm this white booty of mine. From one cold blogger, have a freezing day!

2 comments:

Alex's Human said...

Feeling for you cuz!! Yep, I sure am.... While it's not quite -16 here, it is much colder than normal. We haven't been above freezing for almost a week, AND we're getting snow and ice.. I'd rather drive in the rain anyday... And to make it really bad, I've been having heater issues and am in the process of replacing the system so it's only been in the mid to high 50's INSIDE my house...

When's spring??????

Amie said...

Poor girl, it's been cold here but you win! -16, wow! I hope all your colds clear up!