Friday, April 04, 2008

Break You Beater Brownies... and other yummies!







I don't bake often... I enjoy it, but I rarely seem motivated to just bake. Yesterday I baked all morning long. I hadn't planned to, but I thought it would be nice to make some oatmeal cookies. When I was finished mixing them up, I thought that since I had all my supplies out I would make some peanut butter cookies as well. As my cookies were baking I was browsing my cookbook and found a recipe for Grandmas Best Brownies. I rarely make brownies from scratch because they are usually dry. But I thought Why not give it a whirl. So I mixed up the recipe, and decided to flavor it up a bit and added pecans. I guess my mixer wasn't used to mixing this much in a day, and the beater broke. Luckily they were mostly mixed up, and to top it off after I spread them in the pan I drizzled them with caramel. OH SO GOOD! Only problem with making so many treats is the temptation to eat them all.... Poor Poor Me.

2 comments:

Carter Family said...

Wow I bet your kids were happy. My mouth is watering just looking at them. I love baked goodies. You could always freeze some for later. Of course I would probably go to the freezer and eat them the way also.

Amie said...

there better be brownies in heaven. otherwise, I don't want in.