Wednesday, August 06, 2008

All Smiles and Sunshine... Oh and What Genre are YOU? I'm PG13

So I honestly am trying to turn over a more positive leaf. I spent all of last school year complaining about everything, mostly being trapped in my home. But now with summer winding down and a huge vat of ways to spend my time, I'm gearing up for the wonderment of it all. I really am looking forward to it all, and hope I don't take one minute for granted. I would like to learn to use my time efficiently. NO TV. Minimal Computer time. Maybe I could do some sewing, some scrapping (no I'm not a scrapper, but I have loads of pictures that I should do something with), some writing, some reading, some organizing, some crafting. Oh the joys of it all. I really feel this is my year, and I'm grinning from ear to ear about it.

The other thing I was thinking about today is a advertisement that I keep seeing on the family channel for the movie the Notebook. Its advertised as the epic love story. I started thinking about my own life. I know for the most part, it wouldn't make much of a movie. But I was thinking would my life be a Love Story, when I look back at it. Would it be a horror, or an action adventure. I mean in all reality it has a few of everything. There's been times I've been so in love it hurts... that my knight in shining armor rode in and saved the day. There's been drama. Moments that I felt scared right out of my boots. Moments that I felt lucky to be alive, times that I've laughed by butt off, times I feel straight out of a cartoon, and moments I felt safe and secure in my quiet life... the happily ever after. So what kind of movie would you be? And what rating would you receive.

2 comments:

leaner said...

Probably Dark Comedy and sadly rated R, for sex, drugs and rock'n'roll.

Michelle said...

Oh, I'm so a cheesy teen chick flick, it isn't even funny. Most likely PG-13. Your husband even heard me swear on the phone with Nathan a few times. Oops!

Wasn't quilting on your bucket list? I can quilt. Let's make one or two with all your extra time. Michelle and I did denim last year for soccer. It was fun.