5 reasons I moved to the colder than cold Mountain Country of Montana... if I can come up with five.
1. Family... 7-8 months before we made the big decision to move halfway across the US my Dad and Mom moved. I being the baby and being pregnant with a baby myself was heart broken to not live near my parents. We actually moved in with them for about 7 months when we first arrived to Montana
2. Job... My husband has a travelers heart and likes to try new jobs out. He was excited to work in a new place and try something new.
3. Adventure... When I was little I actually dreamt of living in the forest and being a forest ranger. Never having been to Montana all I could imagine was waving bears and bunnies hopping through the woodlands... I've yet to see a waving bear. I've seen bears they don't wave though.
4. Now this may not be a reason I moved here, but its a reason I like it here. I like small town USA. I like the wave at everyone say hi to everyone feel. I like not having to lock my doors all the time. I like that when I have to call 911 I know the people who respond. I like that my kids can ride their bikes around town without worry. I like people knowing me by name.
5. Summer is beautiful here, and once it's here the winter will seem like a distance dream. I love the way the long grass along the hills looks like waves when the wind blows. I love that for a month or so everything in the whole state is green... and alive. I love seeing wildlife right outside of town. I love the rivers and streams that seem to be everywhere. I love that its not really necessity that we have air conditioners... it's a pleasantry.