Sunday, June 15, 2008

How do you pack for a 21 day vacation?

In about 18 days we will be headed for the hot and dry desert of sunny, hot, sweaty Arizona. I am really looking forward to being home for the hottest time of the year, so I can remember why I tolerate -10 degrees in the winter. No really, I'm looking forward to seeing the sites of the desert, the smiling faces of family, and the wonderful food (not to say we don't eat here in Montana, but it's not the same). So what I'm not looking forward to is packing for 6. We have never flown as family anywhere, so that is a whole different kind of packing. Hopefully my mother in laws washer is in good working order, because I'm sure we'll be doing plenty of laundry. At least shorts and t shirts take up a lot less room in the bags than pants. And we'll be packing a lot of those. Okay so any tips for airline packing???? Does anyone know any tricks I'm not aware of???

4 comments:

Carter Family said...

I started reading your blog and thought what? Why would you be excited about coming in the summer? Then I read on and realized that makes sense. It would convince me that somewhere is better during the summer. Enjoy your visit. Even if its HOT its alway fun to be with loved ones.

leaner said...

Are we going to see you?!?!
I have no tips, having only flown with one child, and never more than that... and we kids we drove to our family vacation spots.

Amie said...

I got no tips for you, but I do hope I get to see you!!

Michelle said...

I can't imagine flying with six of us. I can barely face packing the car for seven days.